Thursday, November 09, 2006

Why Didn't I think of it?

From Patty, over at This, That, and Frog Hair 2, comes this gem:
Okay boys and girls pick up your chins and get a plan.
Dang it. This election was a set back but its time to put your money where your mouth is. Its time to prepare for '08 or you will see more of the same.
Two years seems a long time. I am telling you its just a blink away.
[...]
Well I have some thoughts on this one. My Pick is, Fred Dalton Thompson
My dream team would be Tompson and Zell Miller.
I like Thompson for many reasons. The main one is he believes in the constitution. A constitutionlist would uphold the office of president with the true nature of the laws. He is a reasonable man that has the experience that is needed to hold the office of President.
We all know Zell Miller is an Americian.Nuff said.


I think Patty's right. Thompson is a man with a commanding presence, and a down-to-earth way of speaking. He is, in fact, quite Presidential. This is a man elected to fill Al Gore's seat after Al left for the White House under Bill Clinton. He was re-elected in 1996, then decided not to seek another term. He's a very successful actor, which is what he returned to following his Senate stint.

A Conservative, I think he would be a fine choice for the Republican ticket in 2008. What do you think?

8 comments:

Joubert said...

Benning, Fred would be wonderful but would he be interested?

Brooke said...

Zell Miller would be frickin' increadable...

But, if I had to choose from a pool of those who are still actively in politics for my fantasy team:

Rick Santorum and Tom Tancredo.

benning said...

Patrick: Probably not. He has a good life, and he's done the Washington thing. But it would be nice to ask, wouldn't it?

Brooke: I dunno about Santorum, but I like Tancredo. I doubt either would have much chance.

camojack said...

I'd need to know more to have an informed opinion.

I know that makes me an anomaly in this country, but there you have it...

American Crusader said...

Before he self-destructed, I was a big fan of Virginia's George Allen.
That had to be the worst run campaign ever. And it cost us the Senate.
Tom Tancredo probably heads my list.
I lived in Georgia when Zell Miller was governor and he was by far the best Democrat I've seen in office.
I doubt he is interested unfortunately.

Eric said...

I like Mr. Thompson, but don't know enough about him to say, at this moment, I'd support him. Zell Miller for sure, but he won't switch parties, and he'll never get a nomination from Democrats.

As for my dream-team...

Newt Gingrich, and Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf

a.k.a. Blandly Urbane said...

My dream would be Hillary....

Wait...did I say dream???

I meant NIGHTMARE!!!!

defiant_infidel said...

Man, a great thought! I always liked Thompson. Zell Miller would also be excellent as a running mate, Brooke. And Tancredo is as staunch as you can get. I think Santorum is a great man, but would get trounced.

My fantasy pick for Prez would be Col. David Hunt flanked by Miller. The question remains though, who would be actually capable of winning in this liberal pond we now exist in?