Blandly Urbane tagged me with the latest blogger meme, "Why Do I Blog?". While backtracking to see how far back this goes, and maybe give credit to the first blogger to post this, I found a place that actually tracks these memes, as long as those who are tagged back-link to that site. Thus the "Big Meme Tracker: Why Do You Blog?" shows a long list - incomplete - of bloggers who have responded to the tagging.
Check out B.U's entry - it's fun! Now lemme think ...
How to play: First, you have to get tagged. Second, you should use a list form and name 5 reasons why you blog. Third, tag 5 others (no more than 7 tagged will show, to prevent spamming).
Which takes me to :
5 Reasons Why benning Blogs!
- To sell my book(s): Having a tiny publisher, I knew I'd have to sell my own books. My family helps, and some of my friends have bought and recommended my book to others. But I started blogging to see if it would help me sell my book(s).
- To play with my writing and stretch my skills. Some of you have complimented my writing, which makes me feel very good! But each time I blog I know that I have to give my very best, which requires me to get better.
- To voice my opinions on anything and everything. If you've been here before you know that I touch on politics, religion, art, music, writing, and anything that comes to mind. I hope I don't bore my visitors with my subjects, but even if I do, my topics interest me. See the second entry to the list, if I have bored you.
- To meet like-minded folks, those whose blogs I've visited, and those who suddenly discover my Writing Pad, as well as any who stumble upon my postings and don't agree with me. I've had few nasty comments, so either I have few new visitors, or a lot of my visitors aren't upset with how I lay out my arguments.
- Because blogging is easier and more immediate than the old web page way of doing things. My old webpages were fun, and gave me some confidence in the use of HTML, but were limited in a way that a blog isn't. Besides, I was curious after visiting a few blogs. I wanted to know if I could do it, too!
Now, having finished this song to myself, I have to tag five others. I won't tag Patrick, as he's not keen on tagging others, so let's see ... Let's start with
- Angel at Woman Honor Thyself
- Victoria at Sundries (Vicks may not join in, but I'd like to see her list!)
- Brooke at NeoCon Command Center
- ABFreedom at ABFreedom
- Kevin at Toast, it's not just for breakfast anymore
Now to go and tag these unsuspecting folks! Heheheheeee!