Sunday, November 04, 2007

Did You Remember ....


Got up bright and early this morning - actually dark and early, and was out the door a little earlier than usual. I had time to stop for gas, which is good when you're running on fumes, and get to the store with time to spare. I wandered in, ambled down the aisles heading for the time clock, nodding to the overnight folks.

Then a voice called out from behind me, "You realize it's only 4 O'clock!"

*Head smack!*

No, I hadn't realized it. I thought it was 5 o'clock. I had forgotten completely to set my clocks back an hour on Saturday night. That extra hour of sleep I'd been looking forward to had disappeared entirely.

*sigh*

So if you haven't set your clocks back yet, and are wondering why things seem to be behind schedule, it's earlier than you think!

8 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

hey Benning!..who's up and about at 4am thats when we go to bed in NYC!..lol

shoprat said...

Sadly the benefit from that extra hour only lasts a couple hours.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remembered...thanks for asking.

However, I still say it's a crock...

Joubert said...

My internal alarm clock goes off the same time regardless of the "real" time.

Gayle said...

I'm exactly like Patrick. My internal alarm clock goes off at the same time too, so now I'm getting up an hour earlier! It will take me weeks to adjust. About the time I do, they'll change it back! I wish they'd just leave the darned time alone.

Jack Steiner said...

I forgot to change two of them. Fortunately the alarm clock was not one of them.

benning said...

Well, my clocks have all been fixed, and that includes the VCR, so I'm on "everyone else" time now.

But I agree with Gayle: leave the time alone! Sheesh!

Brooke said...

I find it amusing that we measure time so arbitrarily!